I have to admit that I only watched McGyver once, and only lasted about 10 minutes before my implausibility meter pegged and I switched it off, but the concept of MyGyvering technology is still valid, and here is an instance: APEX app running native on iPhone - the details. Over at Roels Blog. In an ironic twist, the link doesn't run right on iOS devices and you have to go to a different version to get it to display.
There's a session coming up on: Introduction to Troubleshooting EnterpriseOne Performance Issues. It's scheduled for January 11, 2011 at 8 am PT, 9 am MT, 11 am ET.
There's a new version of MOS in the works, not Flash and not HTML. I generated this set of hints the other day for a customer, and they apply to the current systems, and probably will come in handy for the next one as well. When you can't get through to MOS or, even more frustrating, have an SR creation process fail, here are some things to try:
- Toggle between the Flash and HTML versions of MOS
- Clear cache and cookies in the browser
- Use another browser
- Submit a quick 'shell' SR in a couple of minutes to make sure there aren't any timeout issues along the path. You can then edit it to add information to it.
- Call hub (1-800-223-1711) to find out if there any problems showing up with your CSI, they have the ability to test, look at your account, etc.
- If all else fails, hub can open a new SR for you.